New Workplace Anti-Bullying Laws
Via the BC Chamber of Commerce
Has your business complied with new anti-bullying laws?
As of November 1, 2013, B.C. businesses have new obligations under the Workers Compensation Act to take action to prevent bullying and harassment in the workplace.
Your obligations: To comply, all B.C. businesses need to create anti-bullying and anti-harassment policies and procedures around reporting and investigation, as well as train all workers and supervisors to recognize and respond to this issue. Here’s how to comply: What Businesses Need to Know (PDF).
Course requirement: As part of the legislation, all B.C. business owners and workers need to be trained to recognize and respond to bullying and harassment.
Exclusive savings for Chamber members: The BC Chamber has partnered with Respect Group to provide Chamber members access to a compliant online course at a discounted price. As a Tri-Cities Chamber member, you also have access to this BC Chamber discount. Program details:
- Proactive online solution
- World class online learning program and compliance tool
- 90 minute self-guided program
- With testing and certification this enables your organization to demonstrate compliance
- Available to BC Chamber members for $32 plus tax (rather than $40).
- To register an employer and/or employees, please contact Brad Blaisdell at email@example.com or 604.239.5523.
- To access the discount, please quote Chamber code: S4H8E6
- Visit http://respectintheworkplace.com/ for more information about the program