Westwood Plateau is looking for a landscaper (Horticulturalist). This Position is suited to Horticulturalist Students looking to gain experience in their field, retired or semi retired persons with landscape / horticultural backgrounds and or any individual looking to work outside in the fresh air and maintain beautiful gardens. No experience needed, just a willingness to learn.
An experienced horticulturalist/arborist is available for training in every aspect of the job.
All employees are rewarded with:
▪ Free golf rounds at the Executive Course and Country Club, plus up to 3 guests at 20% off.
▪ Free golf club rentals and power cart rentals.
▪ 40% off meals at Fairways and Après restaurant during working hours, and 20% off meals (plus 3 guests) while not on shift.
▪ Discounts on golf apparel, equipment and other specialty items sold in the pro shop.
▪ $2.00 driving range buckets ▪
Reporting to the golf course superintendent, with assistance from the Turf Care Team and landscape contractors, the horticulturalist is responsible for maintaining all landscaped areas of the Westwood Plateau Facilities. This position is (32-36hrs/week) from March through November.
Low season hours (December through February) will be available for effective applicants willing to help with winter Golf Course activities, or for those who are interested, seasonal layoff can be arranged.
-Any knowledge of plants or experience in landscape maintenance is a huge asset but not necessary (we will train the right individual)
-Ability to obtain pesticide applicators license (within 4 months)
-Valid BC Drivers License Class 5 or 7
-Available early mornings in all types of weather
- Able to work alone and in groups
All aspects of landscape/garden maintenance/management including, but not limited to:
-Leading a small crew in maintenance tasks -Mowing, weeding, raking, blowing lawn areas -Hedge pruning and tree trimming
-Integrated Pest Management/ Fertilizer application
-Monitor and Maintain Irrigation systems -Design Garden beds and seasonal planters
Benefits of working at Westwood Plateau include:
-Workday is over by 2pm - enjoy your afternoon!
* Wage ($18.00 - $23.00) based on: suitability, availability, and relatable experience. *
Interested individuals can apply to email@example.com