Life Skills Worker
LIFE SKILLS WORKER
Community Integration Services Society is looking for compassionate and supportive people to help make a meaningful difference in someone’s life. Is that someone you?
CISS values flexibility of work life balance. With only day time hours, a career at CISS is perfect for those seeking to enjoy both their career and life.
WHO WE ARE:
Community Integration Services Society is a non-profit organization that has been providing life skills services and support to adult individuals with developmental disabilities for over 30 years. Come be a part of our highly trained team who work alongside their clients to participate in programs and activities throughout neighboring cities. Become a positive role model for individuals by providing life skills training and support towards achieving personal goals.
Status: Permanent Part Time
Location: Port Coquitlam
Schedule: Monday-Friday – 8:00am-4:00pm – Schedule varies depending on position
Wage: $21.63/hour and $0.51/km while performing society business as per collective agreement
- Full Employer Paid Benefits (Positions over 20 Hours per week)
- Nights and Weekends Off
- Municipal Pension Plan
- In House Educational and Training Opportunities
- To assist clients in accessing community programs and to participate alongside with them. Activities include but is not limited to: skating, swimming, shopping, bowling, leisure and peer group events.
- Provide behavioral support when working with people with challenging behaviors throughout various tasks and activities.
- Use adaptive technology. This includes pushing a wheelchair or the use of other mobility devices.
- Adapt and/or modify activities on a daily basis to support inclusion of the clients.
- Maintain confidence in developing and implementing new programs while establishing client goals with measurable outcomes that can be aligned with the individual’s scheduled activities.
- Preparation of reports, developing guidelines, analyzing data and maintaining client records.
SKILLS AND ABILITES:
This job might be right for you if:
- You are goal driven. You are able to help set goals and create programs to assist the individuals in achieving those goals.
- You communicate clearly. You are able to communicate verbally and through writing with the use of computers and technology.
- You enjoy being active. You are able to participate alongside the individuals in active activities and community based programs.
- It is an asset if you have experience in medication administration, providing personal care, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, hold a basic understanding of behavior management and pictorial symbol communication.
- A Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- A reliable vehicle for daily use for transporting up to more than one passenger
- Business Insurance with a minimum 2 million liability
- Valid first aid training with CPR/AED
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Education, work or volunteer experience with people with developmental disabilities
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Food Safe and WHMIS certifications - asset
- Union membership is required upon hiring (BCGEU)
Visit our Careers Page to see our openings and to apply!
Please note: only those who have been short listed will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest in becoming a Life Skills Worker at CISS.
Please visit our website for more information on our organization at www.gociss.org