Country Club Cook
Come work with nature on the mountain, only 10 minutes from downtown Coquitlam.
All employees are rewarded with
- Free golf rounds at the Executive Course and Country Club, plus up to 3 guests at 20% off.
- Free golf club rentals and power cart rentals.
- 40% off meals at Fairways and Après restaurant during working hours, and 20% off meals (plus 3 guests) while not on shift.
- Discounts on golf apparel, equipment and other specialty items sold in the pro shop.
- $2.00 driving range buckets
- Epic staff parties and events
We are excited to begin our search for the perfect candidates for the position of Cook. This position is seasonal, with part-time hours available from April to December. There will be opportunities to work year-round for our top employees. The cook position may work for banquet prep, banquet dinner service and/or Après restaurant line.
At Westwood Plateau Golf, we count on our kitchen staff to interact professionally with our team when they have questions or concerns. The ideal candidate is a quick learner who can think on their feet and resolve any issues that come up with our customer-first business mentality. The most successful representatives have the communication and interpersonal skills needed to provide support, answer questions, and problem solve in an efficient manner. All new employees will be trained on health and safety during orientation and expected to retain information on Westwood Plateau kitchen policies and procedures.
While this outline attempts to be all encompassing, this position will evolve beyond these categories. This role is expected to anticipate business needs and to do anything that will help Westwood Plateau Golf accomplish its department objectives.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety for the kitchen.
- Monitor condition of food in storage to prevent spoilage and contamination.
- Sweep floor and take out garbage as needed.
- Produce foods with correct taste, temperature and correct visual appeal and be prepared to train team members on new items.
- Identify, clean and uses all kitchen equipment correctly and safely.
- Report equipment malfunctions to Chef de Cuisine and/or Sous Chef.
- Train new employees on kitchen protocols and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with your teammates to coordinate precise timing.
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service.
- Prepare a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items.
- Prepare and arrange sauces and supplementary garnishes for allocated station.
- Serve menu items and station the carvery.
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times.
- Make sure all storage areas are clean and all products are stored appropriately.
- Use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Food Safe Level 1 (preferred but not required)
- Minimum of one year experience in banquet food service or line cook position.