[COVID-19] Service Canada Info Session
Service Canada Info Session
Employment Insurance, CERB and CEWS info in light of COVID-19
Presented by: Dianne Stoesz and Leon, Service Canada
What the presentation will cover:
- Employment Insurance: How to apply? Will my claim change to CERB?
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) Which should I apply for?
- Brief overview of new Wage Subsidy for Employers. CRA will be doing info sessions on CEWS
- Workers that have lost their jobs due to COVID-19
- Small Business owners; self-employed people who have lost work due to COVID-19
- Overview of these Benefits
- Where and how to apply
- Handouts and Infographics can be sent to participants.
More about the presenters:
Dianne Stoesz has been employed with the federal government for over 24 years. She is currently working as a Citizen Services Specialist on the Community Outreach Liaison Services team. They have a team of 4 on the Lower Mainland and our role takes us out in to the community as we work with individuals, businesses and organizations to help bring awareness of the many benefits and programs under Service Canada.
Leon Sadownik has been a public servant with the Government of Canada for more than 10 years. As a member of the 4-person Lower Mainland BC - Community Outreach and Liaison Services (COLS) team, Service Canada, Leon’s role is to improve the uptake of programs and services offered by Service Canada including Employment Insurance, Canada Pension Plan, and Old Age Security. Prior to joining the Federal Government, Leon worked as an environmental advisor for a First Nations organization and then as a certified professional teacher.