Economic Summit 2018
Name: Economic Summit 2018
Date: May 8, 2018
Time: 7:15 AM - 11:00 AM PDT
Registration: Register Now
This is an interactive event where you can ask your questions in real-time! Join the conversation at www.slido.com. Just enter the event code #TCCSummit2018, select your desired panel, and enter your question or vote for others' questions.
AGENDA7:15 AM - Registration & Breakfast Buffet Opens
8:00 AM - Opening Remarks
8:15 AM - Keynote Presentation
9:00 AM - Introduction to Blockchain Technology
9:10 AM - Blockchain Panel Begins
10:00 AM - Networking Break
10:10 AM - Cannabis Panel Begins
11:00 AM - Closing Remarks
Niels Veldhuis, President of The Fraser InstituteWhile the Canadian economy fared relatively well during the great global economic upheaval of 2008 and its aftermath, Canada currently faces serious economic challenges. Business investment ranks second-lowest among advanced economies. And according to forecasts, we can expect weak economic growth going forward. Unfortunately, Canadians have seemingly been lulled into a sense of complacency about Canada's economic competitiveness, and this federal government and many provinces have not pursued sound economic policies. Crucially, this comes at a time when the U.S. has made itself significantly more attractive to investment thanks to a series of policies including sweeping tax reform.
So what is the outlook for the Canadian and British Columbian economy? What proven pro-growth economic policies will re-establish Canadian and British Columbian competitiveness? Join Niels Veldhuis for a thoughtful presentation on Canadian Competitiveness at a Crossroads. The Future of Currencies
The future of currencies is upon us. How will digital currencies affect banks, businesses, and the overall economy? Join expert panelists to expand your knowledge of Blockchain technology and the wide variety of cryptocurrencies.
- Chris Jensen, Co-Founder & COO of the RightMesh Project
- Frans Tjallingii, Co-Founder & CEO of First Coin Capital Corp.
- Dr. Peter Chow-White, Professor at Simon Fraser University
- Moderated by: Kevin Rathbun, Transition Advisory Service, Rise Advisors
Economic Impact of Legalization
How will the legalization of cannabis affect BC's economy and impact business? Gain some perspective on the topic by hearing from industry experts. These knowledgeable individuals will create a conversation around how this legalization will affect you and your business.
- Allan Lingwood, Chief Compliance Officer, FARM - The Original Farmacy
- Dr. Anil Soni , Family Physician & Director of Rejuva Medispa and Laser
- David Martyn, President of Compass Cannabis Clinics
- Matt Christopherson, VP, Business Development for Keirton Inc.
- Moderated by: Barinder Rasode, CEO of NICHE Canada