International Women's Day 2020
Name: International Women's Day 2020
Date: March 5, 2020
Time: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST
Registration: Sorry, registration for this event has been closed.
- Alison has served in leadership roles at early-stage innovators in big data, telecommunications, and high-performance computing. Currently serving as VP of People & Communications at Photonic, Alison holds 20+ years of strategic marketing, communications, and HR experience in the technology sector. She also currently serves as an Executive-in-Residence at SFU VentureLabs, mentoring technology companies as they prepare to scale up. She holds an MBA, BA and HR certiﬁcate. Alison is the past president and long-time member of Soroptimist International of the TriCities, an international service organization dedicated to improving the lives of women and girls. She loves chocolate, wine, Netflix, and her kids (almost always in that order.)
Stacey Marshall, Vancouver Women in Technology
- After accidently getting into IT sales 20 years ago, Stacey Marshall has enjoyed a successful career supporting enterprise clients evolve in the ever changing world of technology. Stacey recently started as a Sales Executive at TELUS and is incredibly proud to be part of an organization so committed not only to their customers, but also the community. In her spare time she is VP PR for her Toastmasters Club, an avid traveler, having been to 49 countries so far and an amateur photographer. Someday Stacey will focus on her professional speaking career, but for now tech is too much fun.
Leah Coss, Your Current Future
- Leah Coss is an Entrepreneur & Consultant with a background in Franchising & Culture Development. She has worked with brands such as 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, Oxygen Yoga & Fitness, and other assorted service based industries. Franchising’s foundation is built on automation. Over her years, she observed as technology & automation simplified the way we do business, and with it, corporations & individuals were being “blindsided” by change and had to confront their actual Value to the economy. Even more alarming was that the education system was not preparing youth for The Future of Work. Co-Founding Build a Biz Kids & The Fuel Academy, Leah’s mission is to help Businesses & individuals remain relevant and create true fulfillment in their work in this ever-changing economy.
Stephanie Simmons, Photonic Inc.
- Stephanie Simmons is Founder and Chief Quantum Officer at Photonic, a Vancouver-based startup where she provides the technology vision for the world’s first large-scale universal quantum processor. She is a world-leading expert in quantum technologies, silicon spin-photon interfaces, and quantum optics. She is also a Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Quantum Nanoelectronics, as well as a Canadian Institute for Advanced Research Fellow in Quantum Information Science, and Assistant Prof of Physics at SFU. Stef has twice achieved Physics World Top Ten Breakthroughs of the Year, in 2013 and 2015. In addition to her numerous research fellowships, she holds a Doctorate in Philosophy from Oxford University and a double honours degree in mathematical physics and pure mathematics from the University of Waterloo. Her work has been featured by the BBC, CBC, Scientific American, Wired Magazine, the New Scientist, and the New York Times.
- 11:00 am - Registration Opens
- 11:30 am - Welcome & TD Presentation
- 11:45 am - Lunch Served
- 12:20 pm - Keynote Speaker
- 1:15 pm - Panel Begins
- 1:55 pm - Closing Remarks
- 2:00 pm - End of Event