[Lunch & Learn] Tips for Getting Paid: Legal Strategies to Keep Funds Flowing
Presented by Stephanie Streat, BTM Lawyers LLP
Stephanie Streat has over ten years of experience assisting clients with their complex commercial disputes. She is called to the bar in both Alberta and British Columbia, and spent her early career at a large international law firm, first in Edmonton, then in Vancouver. She is pleased to have been based out of her own community, in Port Moody, with BTM Lawyers LLP since 2015. Stephanie assists many local Tri-City businesses to identify business risks, take proactive steps to avoid risks, and to resolve disputes when they arise. Stephanie’s practical, effective, and creative approach to dispute resolution results in many matters being resolved early on, and out of court; however, as a skilled litigator, Stephanie also enjoys a trip to court when appropriate. When not working, Stephanie may be found hiking, biking, park exploring and adventuring with her husband and young family. If you spot Stephanie at one of the local craft breweries on a sunny afternoon please don’t hesitate to say hello!
What the presentation will cover:
- Set yourself up for success
- A delay in payment - what to do next
- Options to recover missed payments
Who is the session for:
- Business owner
- Accounts payable manager
What members will take away/learn:
- The critical elements of a binding contract
- Useful terms to include in your contract to make the recovery of payment easier… and more profitable
- Strategies that will help you to work with your customers to come up with a mutually satisfying resolution of payment issues
- Options available if voluntary payment is not forthcoming
Treats from COBS bread (Oxford Market) will be provided.