International Women's Day 2020
Name: International Women's Day 2020
Date: March 5, 2020
Time: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM PST
Registration: Register Now
- Alison Berg is the VP of People and Communications at Photonic Inc, a Vancouver startup creating the world's first quantum processors in silicon. She holds 20+ years of strategic marketing, communications, and HR experience in the technology sector, having worked for early-stage innovators in big data, telecommuncations, and high-performance computing. She also currently serves as an Executive-in-Residence at SFU VentureLabs, mentoring technology companies as they prepare to scale up.
Stacey Marshall, Vancouver Women in Technology
- After accidently getting into IT sales 20 years ago, Stacey Marshall has enjoyed a successful career supporting enterprise clients evolve in the ever changing world of technology. Stacey recently started as a Sales Executive at TELUS and is incredibly proud to be part of an organization so committed not only to their customers, but also the community. In her spare time she is VP PR for her Toastmasters Club, an avid traveler, having been to 49 countries so far and an amateur photographer. Someday Stacey will focus on her professional speaking career, but for now tech is too much fun.
Leah Coss, Your Current Future
- Leah Coss is an Entrepreneur & Consultant with a background in Franchising & Culture Development. She has worked with brands such as 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, Oxygen Yoga & Fitness, and other assorted service based industries. Franchising’s foundation is built on automation. Over her years, she observed as technology & automation simplified the way we do business, and with it, corporations & individuals were being “blindsided” by change and had to confront their actual Value to the economy. Even more alarming was that the education system was not preparing youth for The Future of Work. Co-Founding Build a Biz Kids & The Fuel Academy, Leah’s mission is to help Businesses & individuals remain relevant and create true fulfillment in their work in this ever-changing economy.
Michelle Sklar, Innovate BC
- Michelle Sklar is an entrepreneur and tech executive for Startups and Scale ups with expertise in strategic communications, marketing and PR. She has focused her professional career development on bringing ideas from inception to execution in the Emerging Technology, Digital Media, Events and Nonprofit industries. Having recently been the Director of Conferences role for SAAS NORTH, Canada's largest conference for SaaS companies scaling up, she is now the Events Director for the #BCTECH Summit, as well as an Executive in Residence with the Entrepreneurship@UBC Accelerator. Michelle's core strengths are in brand & digital marketing, project management, team building and marketing operations. Michelle is passionate about people, innovation and helping entrepreneurs tell great stories. Her and her husband recently acquired a UVIN (wine-making business) in the bedroom community of New Westminster. Her insatiable appetite for travel and culinary adventures keeps her road-tripping across North America, taking cooking classes in Morocco and exploring beaches from Barcelona to Cuba.
- 11:00 am - Registration Opens
- 11:30 am - Welcome & TD Presentation
- 11:45 am - Lunch Served
- 12:20 pm - Keynote Speaker
- 1:10 pm - Panel Begins
- 1:55 pm - Closing Remarks
- 2:00 pm - End of Event