Lunch with Leaders
April 12, 2023 (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM) (PDT)
The Tri-Cities Chamber Lunch with Leaders series features special presentations from business professionals, industry leaders or government officials on topics of importance to the community. These luncheons are designed to inform and educate, as well as to provide prime networking opportunities for our members.
Please join us on Wednesday, April 12 at 12:00pm as we host guest speaker, Kevin Falcon, Leader of the Official Opposition and MLA for Vancouver-Quilchena for our Lunch With Leaders event.
Kevin Falcon | Leader of the Official Opposition and MLA for Vancouver-Quilchena
Kevin Falcon was born and raised on the North Shore and he graduated from SFU and the Real Estate Program at UBC. Falcon was elected MLA for Surrey-Cloverdale in 2001, a position he held until 2013.
When he was first elected, Falcon was one of the youngest MLAs to serve in cabinet. In his twelve years at the cabinet table, Falcon held a number of senior Cabinet roles including Deputy Premier, Minister of Finance, Minister of Transportation, Minister of Health and Minister of Deregulation.
As Transportation Minister, he oversaw the completion of signature projects including the Canada Line, Sea to Sky Highway upgrades, Kicking Horse Canyon Bridge and the new Port Mann Bridge, to name a few.
During his time as Health Minister, BC was recognized as a leader in wait time reduction along with shepherding a 35% decrease in prescription drug costs.
After leaving politics, Falcon took on the role as Executive Vice President for Anthem Capital and served on the boards of several non-profits including Canuck Place, Lions Gate Hospital Foundation and the Street-to-home Foundation, an organization working to house the homeless on the Downtown Eastside.
- 11:45 am - Registration Opens
- 12:00 pm - Lunch Buffet & Networking
- 12:45 pm - Welcome
- 12:50 pm - Sponsor Remarks
- 12:55 pm - Presentation
- 1:15 pm - Closing Remarks
- 1:30 pm - End of Event
- Fresh Bread Basket with Assorted Rolls & Focaccia
- Baby Spinach Salad with Sliced Almonds, Oranges, Strawberries & Mustard Dressing
- Potato Salad with Chives & Bacon Bits
- Thai Noodles Salad with Vegetables, Chili, Fish Sauce & Lime Juice
- Braised Chicken with Tomato Stew
- Chinese Fried Rice with BBQ Pork, Garlic & Seasonal Vegetables
- Vegetables with Fish Sauce
- Steamed Salmon with Sweet Chili Cream
- Assorted Bars & Squares
- Seasonal Fresh Fruit & Berries
- Freshly Brewed Coffee & Tea
*Vegetarian and vegan meals are available upon request and must be submitted before Tuesday, April 4. Please make a note when you register for the event.*
Member: $70 +GST
Non-member: $90 +GST
771 Austin Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 3N2 Canada