What Happens at a Town Hall?
There is no set agenda at Coquitlam's Town Hall Meeting - these more informal meetings are typically scheduled in advance and provide community members an opportunity to voice their opinions, suggest new ideas, and ask questions of Council. Senior City staff are also in attendance to respond to inquiries.
The feedback provided at these sessions provides Council and staff important information about City services, changes taking place in the community and future opportunities.
How to Participate
Similar to regular meetings of Council, community members may choose to attend in person or participate virtually. Find out more at coquitlam.ca/councilmeetings. Everyone is welcome to participate:
- In person in Council Chambers at City Hall (3000 Guildford Way, Coquitlam) or
- Online via the Zoom webinar – registration is required
The meeting can also be viewed live at coquitlam.ca/Webcasts.
Participants can ask questions, comment or provide feedback in various ways:
- Ask a question in person
- Use the “raise hand” feature in the Zoom webinar
- Join the online Question and Answer (Q&A) at slido.com/CQTownHall
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Town Hall” in the subject line
- Join the conversation on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter @cityofcoquitlam #CQTownHall
Advanced questions are encouraged, but questions will be accepted until 8:30 p.m. on May 9, 2023.
Creating a Respectful Conversation
Both in-person and submitted questions and conversations must support a respectful conversation.
Participants are asked to refrain from:
- Racist, sexist and offensive language
- Personal attacks and defamatory statements
- Violating someone’s privacy
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act
Please be advised that by submitting a question or suggestion for a Town Hall Meeting, the information you provide will become part of the public record. The information collected and used is done so in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
For further information please call the City Clerk’s Office at 604-927-3010 or email the City Clerk.
Coquitlam’s last Town Hall was held on April 29, 2021. An archived version of the meeting, and the Minutes of the meeting, can be found in the Available Archives section.