Growing Together: TCLIP Employment Forum
December 2, 2023 (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM) (PST)
The Tri-Cities Local Immigration Partnership (TCLIP) invites you to join the TCLIP Employment Forum: Growing Together on December 2nd.
Learn, connect and discuss how inclusive mentorship programs can support you on your professional growth. In this event you will encounter:
- Mentorship: learn from mentors, mentees and HR professionals about how inclusive mentorship can support your professional growth.
- Networking: join seasoned professionals in conversations that will help you to build connections and grow your professional networks.
- Navigating the job market: learn directly from professionals how to navigate the local job market in a series of workshops.
Date: Saturday, December 2nd, 2023
Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm (PST)
Location: Coquitlam City Hall - 3000 Guildford Way, Coquitlam, BC V3B 7N2
Line up of Mentors
- From City of Coquitlam
- General Manager, Corporate Services Department
- Director of Human Resources, Human Resources Department
- Manager of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, Corporate Services Department
- Human Resources Advisor of Human Resources Department
- Employment and Advisory Services Manager
Workshop Title and Facilitators:
- From Ideas To Launch: Crafting a Business Plan for Success - by Business Advisor, Self Employment for Newcomers (YMCA BC)
- How to understand transferable skills - by Career Educator (Langara College)
- Recruitment Tips and Tricks by the City of Coquitlam - by Employment and Advisory Services Manager (City of Coquitlam)
**Special Event: How to Network Workshop **
Networking has earned a bad reputation for seeming transactional, forced, or inauthentic. Is it possible to network without the stress? Join TCLIP on this online special event to discover strategies to put your best self forward without losing yourself in the process
Date: Tuesday, November 28, 2023.
Time: 6:00PM – 7:00PM (PST)
Location: Virtual (Zoom)
These are both free and open to the public, but registration is required.
*Please note that this is a knowledge-sharing event. It is not intended to be a job fair, career coaching, or discuss specific industry accreditations and recruitment cycles
The event is free and open to the public, but registration is required. For more information and registration, please click here.